Gamerchic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Texas Gaming

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hunt in Stormwind - Eridani tale

Go down 
AuthorMessage
yanamari

yanamari

Hunt in Stormwind - Eridani tale Empty
PostSubject: Hunt in Stormwind - Eridani tale   Hunt in Stormwind - Eridani tale EmptyTue May 13, 2014 12:14 pm

Oria - September 27, 2006 07:14 PM (GMT)
(This all occurred Saturday, 23rd)

"Oria, something is wrong. I spoke with Anwynn, and now she refuses to respond. I am at the front, lines holding me here with my company. Please, if you can, make way to Stormwind. I fear something has happened, or will." Tilting her head, Oria listened to the voice of the warrioress Caelie. It reminded her of another voice, one that had but months before begged without seeming to for a wife's return.

With a grunt, she hauled on the reigns of the horse, prancing the war steed from the rocky plains the color of eternal fire to the gryphons near. Flanks heaving from a previous run, the stud turned and climbed without a sound of disgust. Slowly the beast would learn how to hunt with her. Leaping from saddle, Oria nodded to the flight keepers. "All haste, your fasted. For the crown." Not often did she seek to use the badge of office entrusted some time ago, but in these moments, the standing within the ranks of Stormwind were a welcome thing.

"Aye, Lady. Goldeneye here be takin' ya swift. For the Crown." And with a toss of coinpurse, she was in flight towards the gleaming walls of palest ivory. Approaching Stormwind always brought a strange sense to Oria, reminding her of jutting bones riding from the world. As if the living heart of this land laid within the ribs of a lost people rebuilt, the beating slow yet not so steady. Men, women, and it seemed creatures moved through the streets and buildings, a teeming life much like ants on a corpse. Never could she shake the image of it. She murmured softly, "Perhaps I should return home."

THe staff at her back warmed, the scent of oak and cedar as if from a newly bloomed sapling. Pausing as she landed, she laid a hand upon Lhok. Indeed, something wished her return as well. "Soon," she whispered, "Soon, Vartrus. For now, keep your secrets in loom and bark."

Guards stood loosely about the ramp from the gryphons, speaking low of dice games and warm hearths. Their eyes wandering the milling press of folk, not as intent as the huntress believed they should be. Nearing their side, she smacked their shouldes smartly, sending strange stinging pain down their arms to wrists. But meeting the assailants eyes, they withheld any retorts. This one, despite not wearing fancy dress, had earned a place.

"A priestess of Elune, face marked perhaps in tears, was seeking through these streets of recent? Of ye height, ye coloring." She gave the briefest of descriptions, yet who would ever miss the countenance of Anwynn.

"Aye, Lady Galaad, she passed hence. But of Jerome here, she pressed a question or two." Roland turned to his friend, still rubbing his smarting wrist.

"That she did, this priestess you speak. She pressed question of guardsman Caelie, her home and whereabouts. I told her where, I did, but before I could ask much more, she rushed through the crowds, none too careful."

Leaning close, Oria sniffed of the guard Jerome, sending a shiver of preylike fear through him for a moment. The eyes of the huntress were of a predator, seeking an aimed mark. She grunted a moment, and moved on without much discussion. Again and again, she question guards alike, never saying much, yet gaining more.

It was not what they said that was important, but the scent of Anwynn she followed among them. Her step slowing, senses shifting, Oria settled low to whisper to nothingness.

"Corelua, na thal deirna." The Darnassian was strange and inflected, yet the cat hidden in shadows understood. Follow but not close. Attack but do not kill. For in the park, along a ramp into a lone building long bereft of business, Oria smelled blood, war, and Anwynn.

Oria - September 27, 2006 07:28 PM (GMT)
The door had been little of an obstacle. And the sound upon the stone earlier most assuredly a squeal...but of fear or surprise, Oria could not say. Yet here in this tailor's lost shop, she found marks of blood, none of battle, and a guildstone of the legacy.

Back arching catlike, Oria neared every surface, careful to not touch a singular thing. Her own scent was lost, removed by soft prayers Galaad had taught her in youth. The world itself had swallowed any trace of Oria. Yet of her sight and sound, she was most visible.

Eyes closing, her nostrils flared slowly, widely. Old death, wounds fresh yet not. The scent of one not here, yet here. It confused her senses, gave her thoughts a twisting shake... "Hunter, and...wait...I know this scent. Saminae?!" The confusion deepened as she found another scent. Male, that much was clear. But whom was beyond her. Heaving a sigh of relief, none of the blood was scented of Anwynn. Yet the stone, set upon the counter, raised concerns.

"What have you learned? What have you found?" Caelie's voice remained insistant through the sounds of battle.

"Focus. I will be in touch." Turning from the room, Oria left it as it was, pocketing one simple item, the guildstone. Eyes moving over the grass, along the cobbles, and finally to the walls, she set off again to continue her questions and search.

"I warned you Anwynn." Her shoulders set like steel, the old patterns returning. It was a hunt for a man.

Oria - September 27, 2006 08:05 PM (GMT)
"Nah Lady, more the othah way," the guard pointed as his friend shook his head. "Ya daft, she be followin to thar temples." The old dwarves gave each other growling looks as they fought over which way the priestess went. Yet Oria stopped their tirade by simply moving past.

There is was again, the scent on the wind, moving along the wharf's breeze. A soft growl moved past Oria as Corelua sought it a moment before the huntress noticed. Aat times, she had to shake her head, reminding herself where she was, who she sought. She had changed. Stopping in her tracks, she mused upon it until her cat bit into her calf. I find myself losing thoughts into time, upon the past, upon the future. I'm not thinking of the books anymore. How strange.

The slight pain brought her back, sending her soft step across the bridge, beyond the stockades, unto yet another shop. Here blood scent was strong, causing her fangs to gnash. Counting breathes, she sought peace.

Imbibing a potion, she slipt into the shop to settle near the hiding Anwynn. As time passed, she allowed her body and senses to learn of the priestess. Panic, fear, sorrow, shed tears, old blood, a man, the woman Saminae, but no open wounds upon herself.

"I told you, Anwynn."

The priestess leapt to almost shriek in fear, shivering as a fawn catching sight of a wolf for the first time in life. Slowly, Oria revealed herself, still sitting, staff across her knees. Her face, motions, scent itself slowly changed, projecting calm, peace, slowing.

"Hush now, Anwynn. Are you well?"

The priestess watched with eyes wide as the horse near falling dead from fright. "I...I'm fine." Blood covered the length of her pants, hands plucking and pulling them also so marred in scarlet hues.

Oria held up a bandage, a skin of water near. Nearing as if seeking permission, she offered to wash away the blood. "Someone spoke with you. Who...I know. Why....I don't But that doesn't concern me, Anwynn. Just your well being. Are you hurt?"

The panic increased. "Fine, truly." she held her her hands in a frantic motion, shaking yet only marked, not cut. Taking each one, Oria washed away the blood. These scents I can pass to Theonalas for our hunt. Hmm...who is the second scent?

"Someone blooded you?"

Clasping Oria's hands as she worked, Anwynn turned pleading eyes upon her. "Sami... Oh Oria! You've got to help me!"

She nodded slowly, hearing Caelie call after wishing more to know. Yet Oria had to be careful. "I can if you wish me to."

The emotion choked Anwynn's words, yet the determination in those eyes... it reminded Oria of Clearchus, when he traded away the very things an evil woman wanted for the sake of his love, daming his house.

"I need Sami's sword."

"Her sword?"

"Eri said Caelie has it."

Ah, now that makes sense. And it returned to her the faint scent upon the key and tabard. But now, they had fresh spor of Eridani, murderer and fiend. Tilting her head in thought, she continued holding Anwynn's hands. "This sword...is it an heirloom? Or does Saminae need it?"

Anwynn clutched harder as she spoke. "I don't know. Caelie took the sword when Saminae was captured. The sword is what they want..."

"And they wish it in exchange or something else?"

Something fickered in the eyes, but Anwynn simply pressed. "I....I need the sword."

Oria nodded trying to keep her calm. "Of course...of course... Why did Saminae ask it of you...directly." It was time to show her knowledge, that they met together.

"She didn't..."

"Oh? Was she here bound by the mind? You know the ways of holding thoughts. Did it seem the same?"

Anwynn licked her lips, shaking her head. "She could--- She could barely speak. Azshara. Eir helped. She was dead."

Oria's thoughts became confused. Saminae dead? Yet this blood is fresh. I've missed something I htink. The stone heated again as Caelie become increasingly concerned.

Falling to her knees, Anwynn collapsed inward, gripping at herself. Oria followed the motion, taking a moment to truly look at Anwynn. She remembered sitting much this way before, when in fear for Janlith, long ago when--- And it clicked. Images and scents returned from the wedding, of how Anwynn looked and watched Saminae. Of the words Theonalas imparted. Of Anwynn's tear marked face. The need and urgency in her voice. This ploy of whatever power held Saminae. She loves.

Voice a bare whisper, Anwynn spoke. "She was injured... so badly. I was able to tend to most of it."

"Eri was with her? To seek you yes?"

"I promised I wouldn't let them take her back, but there were warlocks." Her hands grasped her arms, plucking...ever pluckng. "And I couldn't hold her. I did all I could."

A ghost of understanding and fear crossed Oria's face. She knew such a summoning, and the pain of it. "This blood is Saminae's..."

Anwynn nodded absently, "And Eri's. He promised I couldd tend her. But he was found out. They nearly killed him." distress pulled at Anwynn, making her rise and sit, shiver and yearn. "I'm wasting time. Oh Elune. I need the sword."

Oria mused. "They wish the sword. They are demonic. This bodes not well." And in whispers, she asked Caelie of the sword, which she admitted to having. It was time to bring the players together in this strange and terrible game.

Oria - September 27, 2006 08:40 PM (GMT)
Seething venom filled Anwynn's words as she turnedon Oria. Caelie stood before them. "You lied!"

Oria shook her head softly, not rising to the bait. "You wish and need the sword. Caelie imparted to me she has it. This is why she is here."

The priestess crumpled as Caelie demanded to know what had happened.

Caelie eyed Anwynn, the blood and marks, "That murdering bastard did this to you?"

Anwynn whimpered. "He brought me Sami. I made him promise... He promised... I could tend to her... He would hold us both, but she'd be safe."

Caelie laid a hand on her hip, andother motioning for silence. "Wait, wait...let me make certain that I've this straight."

"His bargain with me...." Anwynn continued. "Doubelcrossed those who wished the sword. He wouldn't turn me over to them, so he would have to abduct her as well."

Caelie spoke louder. "You're saying that Eridani gave you Saminae, and then summonsed her away from you?"

Back and forth they went until the matter at hand needed considering. Oria looked to them. "So we find ourselves with a problem. A sword we know little of. Wanted by dark forces holding a friend. That friend being hurt badly, yet the forces have proven to be liars, cheats, and murderers."

Caelie nodded, looking back to Anwynn. "But why hide all this from us, Anwynn? You could have caled for assistance sooner..."

Haunted eyes still defiant met Caeli's. "So you could have killed my friend, Caelie? When I had to speak with him to see Saminae?"

Caelie held out her hands. "Priestess, I assure you, I wouldn't murder the person in question, I would have brought him to justice."

Guilt crossed Anwynn's features as she drug her eyes to those of Caelie. Yet the warrioress continued. "Anwynn, you could have been hurt as well, or worse. Then instead of one missing friend, we'd have two." She sighed watching the priestess.

Oria remained close, thoughts and plans swirling behind her eyes.

Anwynn's look became beseeching. "Caelie, please. We must. We have no hope of... And I don't know. Eri told me it was what was sought...."

Caelie cut into her speaking. "Anwynn, listen to me. Sami's 'death', all of this....it is my fault. No one wants to see this ended more than I, I've worn the guilt of her absence before the entire guild for months now. But the truth is that we don't know if giving the sword won't make matters worse, plus we have no idea if they would honor their word."

Anwynn's eyes closed, breath slow and even. "Caelie, no, you didn't see."

Thoughts turning, Oria looked at them. "We need to know the history of the sword. We need to learn how they will demand it. And Saminae is no fool, she may have left clues." Warlocks, wishing a sword, of the dark huntress. I can imagine it has a history. And the moment it would be in Anwynn's hands, they may try and summon her. Hmm...

Caelie looked to Oria. "Where did she appear? We had best start there--"

Anwynn cut into their discussion. "She is held in the Spire."

"King's Honor, the Spire?" Caelie cursed.

Oria tilted her head. "The Spire of the Blackrock mountain. Warlocks...dark irons...the sword...Twilight's Hammer. A cult?"

Anwynn's eyes brightened in thought as she crumpled to the floor again.

"Anwynn, we don't even know where to take the sword. And yes, we must gather others. If it makes you feel better, I can watch the mountain."Oria tried to offer such to Anwynn, but she knew the priestess would take matters into her own hands. "Caelie, do you have the sword near?"

The warrioress nodded. "I have it sealed in the Great Vault of Ironforge, along with the rest of the Dark Huntress' belongings. Sami told me of it once before, when we were sailing from Kalimdor to here. She said she took it from the Baron of Stratholme. She seemed rather attached to it. Oria, I think the sword is a soul-drinker."

Oria nodded with a shiver. "The forsaken scourge hold such weapons with high regard. The cult may have heard of it, and seekit for their own...or for something else. "

Caelie sighed. "All of this started when the two of us were investigating a new faction of crime that rose with VanCleef's death. They called themselves the Silent Coup."

Oria's lips pressed into a thin line. "I've followed such groups before, such as the Sable Coven."

Caelie shifted her stance. "I think they're more or less defunct now anyways. The one that Anwynn speaks of now was one of the men we ought to arrest. When Saminae was laid low by Amand, the apparent leader of the Coup, Malakai grabbed her sword and stabbed Amand with it." She shivered casting her eyes over the seemingly lost Anwynn. "He sprouted searing claws, and nearly killed me"

Oria quirked a brow. "Claws by using the sword? Hrm."

Caelie shrugged. "I'm not certain how it happened, but he looked possessed, or mutated."

Oria shook her head, confused. "I think we need to gather others. As to the sword, not sure how they will feel of this...but..." Oria tiltted her head. "I know of two that may understand the arcane and nethral power used. Janlith and Theonalas. Their houses were of arcane seeking and knowledge. Both are scholars, and hunters. Perhaps you should speak with them." her eyes moved to Anwynn's with a deeper meaning. "I know one of them has offered to speak many times before."

As the meeting drew to close, each gave thought of what would come. It would indeed...be a hunt.
Back to top Go down
http://gamerchic.org

Hunt in Stormwind - Eridani tale
Page 1 of 1