Gamerchic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Texas Gaming

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Keth's Artifacts

Go down 
AuthorMessage
yanamari

yanamari

Keth's Artifacts Empty
PostSubject: Keth's Artifacts   Keth's Artifacts EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 2:41 pm

Marissa's Notes:

This is Keth's "I am a goddamn Solar and I demand you acknowledge my fucking badassery" set that I'm building. May tweak it a bit based on what the staff she swiped does, but the appearance is basically set.

Possible set bonus -
1) Ability to summon and dismiss it from Nowhere - don't have my heart set on this.
2) Presence bonus. i.e. the fucking bad ass effect.
3) General spell/occult or manipulation

Leather bracers, studded in tiny gems and crystals. They play clear notes when she channels essence through them during spell casting.

Advantage: Have pre-bound spells attached to them. Three to a bracer, either permanently set or can be reconfigured. Haven't decided.

Disadvantage: Cannot be cast from stealth due to musical nature.

Gloves, with a strip of rainbow tourmaline inlaid into the palms. Either natural version or crafted stone - very common. She can run her fingers along the strips to play them like a string instrument.

(To craft stone, you take strips of each color stone so they'll just overlap. Super heat each one, until it's just before the point of melting, and layer them together. Very gentle tapping or magic could do this part to forge them together, into the rainbow strip. )

Style: Cantrip level. Bonus to performance.

A studded leather collar. Bloodstone cabochon embedded at the throat.

(Possibly something Sinclair would like to make for her when he sees the rest of the set under construction?)

Advantage: Bonus to her sweet talk, manipulation or singing.

The shirt made of the wonderful gold leaf fae-cloth from the market, very supple and form-fitted.

Advantage: Bronze skin spell. The shirt becomes hard as plate.
(get this from Archimedes)

Pants are made of the orichalcum fabric from Bridget, with a dark leather belt (possibly Sinclair again)

Advantage: Not sure with this, possibly continuation of the Bronze Skin. Keth's conscious of the fact she's got the survivability of a carrot at the Rabbit-Festival so defense is very much on her mind.

Dark amber (heeled) boots, with ivy and rune work in gold running along the right and left side of the boots from her calf to the heel.

Advantage: Couple of ideas here I'm investigating. Run speed charm of some kind, to let her keep up with the gang. Could also provide a bonus to athletics or be tied to one of her survival charms.

Other additions I'm considering -

"Cloak" made of the amber gauze fabric. It's seven very long amber and gold veils, looped on to a woven cord to form a very flowing cloak of amber veils.

Style: Badassery. Keth just really loves her some veils. She'll have them braided into her hair as well.

Eventually get a leather bodice to go over the shirt for maximum lift affect for the girls - bodice will be separate from set though, and may actually be a demon. Or maybe Sinclair will decide that he hides in her boobs for maximum stealth. You never know!
Back to top Go down
http://gamerchic.org
yanamari

yanamari

Keth's Artifacts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keth's Artifacts   Keth's Artifacts EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 4:26 pm

"Bracers"
Artifact level TBD
Set 1 of X

• Three gems per bracer of varying sizes and qualities. Each game can hold a specific spell.
  • Set spell gems are permanently fused with a specific spell, requiring 5 mote of essence to cast. The spell is permanently cast from this gem, without needing refreshment. This is an instant casting and is always available.
  • Variable spell gems hold spells performed ahead of time, but they only last for 5 days within the gems. Once used, they must be recast into the gem. These cost only 1 most of essence to cast as an instant action.

Drawback: You cannot cast from stealth. The musical notes that play break any charms or spells that hide the person in stealth.

Materials: Gems can be from a variety of sources, including crafted from elementals and science, or located out in the wyld and world. The best gem markets are located in the far south, especially in the city of Gem. Leather that is treated with runes or from a magical beast could help harness magics and hold set spells. The cut of the gems is also important.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Gloves"
Artifact 1
Set 2 of X

Gloves, with a strip of rainbow tourmaline inlaid into the palms. Either natural version or crafted stone - very common. She can run her fingers along the strips to play them like a string instrument.

The most beautiful of instruments have lovely curves and craftsmanship, others

Materials: To craft stone, you take strips of each color stone so they'll just overlap. Super heat each one, until it's just before the point of melting, and layer them together. Very gentle tapping or magic could do this part to forge them together, into the rainbow strip. )

Style: Cantrip level. Bonus to performance.
Back to top Go down
http://gamerchic.org

Keth's Artifacts
Page 1 of 1