Gamerchic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Texas Gaming

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Keth Norai - Solar of the Second Age

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AmaraD

Keth Norai - Solar of the Second Age - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keth Norai - Solar of the Second Age   Keth Norai - Solar of the Second Age - Page 2 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 10:04 am

Keth's smile grew wider, more mischievous as she watched the hair turned golden. It gave her a little rush to see that the effect he had on her worked both ways, even if she still didn't entirely grasp it. It felt like being drunk on giddiness.

"Oh, I can never be a distraction? I should ask Typhoon about that when we get back to Nexus."

She rested her head on his chest, reaching up to tug on the bright-gold lock dangling in her view. "Sinclair, you know my many faults better then anyone, and yet you still followed me... and wish to follow me still. I can't ignore the past - it's part of what I am. But you know now, you don't have to ever hide that" Keth flicked the hair for emphasis "or yourself from me."

Part of her warned that it was not going to be so easy. Sireeliar was not something they'd be able to ignore, would have to be dealt with one way or another. Without a shadow of a doubt there would be a lot of trouble from this. But, that was the same part that hungered and looked forward to the trouble it would bring.

Someday. Tonight was not that night.

The mention of clothing interrupted that chain of thought. So absurd in that particular moment, it made her snort in laughter into his chest "That's just what I had leftover from stitching together clothing for all the naked lunars we absconded with after your insane rescue! Bri has enough cloth around here to garb an army, so tell me your hearts desire and I'll make it or find it in Nexus."

"Have you met all the new people in our group yet? I'm sorry I wasn't around to introduce you to them properly today."

She hesitated for a moment, knowing how much he really knew her past "Don't get... upset at the Dragonblooded, when you meet him. Avaku is of Cynnis, but not that Cynnis. He seems to be a good man."
Back to top Go down
yanamari

yanamari

PostSubject: Re: Keth Norai - Solar of the Second Age   Keth Norai - Solar of the Second Age - Page 2 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 11:01 am

The mere mention of Typhoon brought a little snarl to those lips and furrowing of brows, but nothing dangerous flashed in his eyes. At least, not the danger she had witnessed in other men in her past. He leaned in and nipped along the side of her neck, settling his his chin into the soft crook of neck and shoulder as she snuggled against him.

Knowing she wanted to see him, the true him, felt odd. He held this shape so very long, it was truly him. Yet Sinclair knew there was something far deeper. A sense of himself he had glimpsed in battles, between exalts, and finally holding the king's sword. A sword now lost to Briona.

Relaxing slowly, he allowed his dark hair to slide away into a gold that looked like orichalcum. His eyes remained the blue of bright skies. Each ear lengthened into slight points. But his face did not change, keeping every nick and scar from his ages traveling. Still Sinclair only...refined.

So very tentative, he glanced up to her so changed, worried she might shove him away and unwilling to let her. But the talk of naked lunars left him grinning so mischievously. "I wouldn't be surprised to find they are always nude. Though I must say, a naked Archimedes is not something I want to see ever again!"

The bard laughed richly, despite the worries she presented, still thinking of the naked asses he'd spied far too many times. "If Avaku was a problem, he would be dead. Of this I know truly. If you accept him on your terms, so shall I. But if he dares provide knowledge of you to his family, I may have to track down a new sword to use." Normally violence left him achy and disjointed, but not in this. He felt clear and ready for war, such a strange change."

"As of the others, I have known Theon, Archimedes, and Lynn far longer than Ivory. We met in Sijan when I was touring for a time, playing the local bars and what not. Quite amazing stories to learn there. They seemed a right fine bunch, which led to a few scandalous adventures. Though the others, are rather new. I ah...know of Lilith, but that brings me mixed feelings." He twirled his hand about making a face. "You know one of those dual memory things. She was a killer, but she loves Theon....thing. The same indeed with Ma Ha Suchi. He scares me, to be honest. Ahem."

Wiggling back, the man brought her with him until they settled far more comfortably together. Something of her luminous eyes, bright like amber jewels, the flowing hair, the soft coloring of skin...he could not help himself but kissed her softly. A shock ran through the length of him that nearly stole his breath. A memory fluttered from the distant past, but nothing as the heat of their travels together and his old longing for her as Keth. Voice deeper, with that singer's growl to it, he murmured softly against her ear.

"And clothing would be welcome. I almost wonder what you would craft for me. I've often just worn what little I could afford or find. And perhaps that nimble wit can help me find a new lute, unless you have...other ideas." What those could be, he left hanging in the air. It was fun to wonder.
Back to top Go down
http://gamerchic.org
AmaraD

PostSubject: Re: Keth Norai - Solar of the Second Age   Keth Norai - Solar of the Second Age - Page 2 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 4:09 pm

Keth raised a little eyebrow up in surprise at the reaction Typhoon's name created, but she let herself be distracted away for now by the wonderful mouth on her neck. Very willingly distracted. She looked up with interest and curiosity as he fully took on the fae appearance she'd seen him half-take and noticed him try to hide from her in Nexus.

Her eyes drank it all in with more then a little relief. Though in this shape she could see the resemblance to Sirelaar, it was still very much him. The familiar face and eyes she knew. Even the voice was his, though it had an added richness now.

And his sense of humor. She had to laugh at his reference to their companions antics "Well, when I left they were all clothed. Can't promise anything five minutes from now. But..." her voice turned very teasing "I really don't want to know the circumstances around you seeing Archimedes naked. I respect the man, we have a good deal in common in our own fashions, but I really consider that too much information."

It would have been impossible to miss the change in his attitude. He seemed much more in command now and at ease with himself, something she had rarely seen. And right now, combined with the gentle motion of his hands on her shoulders, it was driving her to complete distraction.

"Oh, Lynn is a lunar now. She made her case to Luna... whom I might avoid for a bit. I may or may....ahh, Sinclair!...gotten into a small difference in opinions with her... I'm still learning to deal with those other memories without feeling like Fey'len is poleaxing me with them."

What was it she wanted to ask about memories? She had wanted to ask about Fey'len, what she was like. Try to understand what the other half of her was trying to say sometimes. About the sheet music in her bag. It didn't seem the least bit important at the moment when she could get lost in the sound of his voice. It would still be here tomorrow.

Which she did, until he leaned down to kiss her. Then it felt like she was in that heat-trap at Rahthess again. She was the heart of a storm made of fire. She wound her arms around his neck just to stay upright while her fingers ran through the golden hair. Everything stopped for that moment - no nagging voices of past, doubt or even of the eyes in the trees - until he pulled away enough that she could try to catch her breathe.

"Sinclair...." her voice had dropped down, husky to almost a growl and shaking like a leaf in his arms "...you've sent my nimble wit spinning, but we'll find you the finest lute in Nexus yet. I'll shake the city like a bee-tree until one falls out!"

Last edited by AmaraD on Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
yanamari

yanamari

PostSubject: Re: Keth Norai - Solar of the Second Age   Keth Norai - Solar of the Second Age - Page 2 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 4:22 pm

A dizzying excitement consumed Sinclair as he indulged the kiss, deepening their touch until he was certain she would stop him. Yet the woman only encouraged his adventures while seeking her own. Every curling of finger, press of her slender weight left him intoxicated, relaxed, and eager. A terrible mixture that nearly awoke a devilish hunger he had long denied, the need to ravage. Despite such a human shape held for so many centuries, the monster laid within him. Such a thin line to cross, but he was nothing but self aware and in control, even with this. As their lips parted, his mind reeled back from the precipice as a stallion manhandled to obey.

A humored groan ached from his hips, not entirely at the memory of bees but trying to hold himself still. "You would bring up those blasted bees again. Ah, Nexus will be quite a different place now. So many...places and things we can do. I've never..." He tilted his chin taking hers in a soft caress, "never had a partner like you. We could travel the highest climes, seek deeply into the deserts southerly, even make music in the wailing caverns of the north. No more fears of hiding. No more...denying treasures."

He could fall into those eyes, and allowed himself, but the truth of their situation would have to be considered. "I could show you so many things I have found, Keth. And you could teach me those wondrous arts of maps and journeys. You know you can ask anything of me. I certainly will do the same...of you."

He smiled and let his hair become entwined of gold and black, the inner circles of his eyes pale blue to the rich dark sapphire of the night sky, a clever mix of the man he was in both senses of the word. Yet of it, none was the coloring of Sireeliar.
Back to top Go down
AmaraD

PostSubject: Re: Keth Norai - Solar of the Second Age   Keth Norai - Solar of the Second Age - Page 2 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 7:06 pm

"I could hardly forget them - the first song I learned to sing with you was after that we recovered from that escapade."

Her soft laughter aside, the hunger coming from Sinclair was so thick, she could almost taste it in the air after that kiss. Could feel it on her skin as close as the were. It was matched by how fast her heart was racing from excitement and trepidation, fit to go flying off through the air of its' own accord. Keth had enough sense left to understand she was playing with something a little bit dangerous, but it just made her shiver - body and soul.

She unwound one arm from around his neck, moving it to brush over his cheek. "I've never had a partner until you. You know my thirst for knowing what is lost is relentless, and we have the whole world to quench it on. I certainly intend to explore it with you."

A little bit of wonder in her eyes and smile as she watched his transformation again - to something different entirely, but exactly him still. A keen awareness struck her as she watched the gold and black hair settle down around him. Of how she'd been a knife's edge away from losing all this.

Impulsively, the solar pulled her self forward. Resting her lips against his ear. With an almost herculean effort, she whispered ever so softly, as if afraid the world was going to crumble with the words "All I have to offer is yours, my love. My hearth and home are yours to rest on."
Back to top Go down
yanamari

yanamari

PostSubject: Re: Keth Norai - Solar of the Second Age   Keth Norai - Solar of the Second Age - Page 2 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 9:45 am

Such a simple word. Four little letters. But the result upon Sinclair was unlike anything he had experienced. Of course, he loved many in his life, but those were entirely all friends. Or short liasons enjoyed through the eons. He had written songs, epic poems, even limericks about star crossed lovers, lost loves, cuckolded men, scorned women. But none about himself.

With a sweeping turn of his body, arms cradling her so close as to feel her heartbeat, the bard expressed his surprise and joy with hungry kisses and soft touches. She felt as he. Stars burst in his thoughts, heart welling with emotions he dreamed of feeling, wishing only to keep her close, not possess her.

"You've had all of me for good many years, lady love. Never fear that changing. Ever." His voice held authority, as if this was not some flimsy thing that could change from one damning word. It was ageless. With a devilish grin, he cloaked around them in shadows and mist, ensuring...privacy.
Back to top Go down
AmaraD

PostSubject: Re: Keth Norai - Solar of the Second Age   Keth Norai - Solar of the Second Age - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 3:36 pm

Soft blues and greens and light wood. Simplistic and airy - an opposite to the cluttered workshop and imposing office downstairs. The living area was wide open and clean, with only embroidered silk screens shielding her private bed and bath area from the rest of the room.

Her bed was occupied, but only by one body at the moment.

Keth had tried to fall asleep twice already. Very determined attempts, now that she had company in her bed to enjoy. But something was making her restless tonight. She'd poured a small glass of wine for herself, and had been pacing around the living space for an hour at this point. It was how she puzzled out problems. Of which she had several, bound up in the words these past few weeks with comrades. But she was having trouble putting the equation or solution to words.

The solar eyed the lean bard with a little smile. She strongly suspecting he was still awake - but he hadn't yet stirred to ask her what was on her mind. Lilith's unusually... kind advice weighed on her mind, but she hadn't acted on it since they'd returned to Nexus.

Before we leave for Sijin, I'll talk to him. I have to.

She finally sat down on the foot of her bed. She looked back at her own face in the mirror and rubbed her face furiously for a moment to stir away the mental cobwebs. Face the nagging, inescapable facts that were looking back.

What I am thinking of is treason.

Last edited by AmaraD on Tue May 07, 2013 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AmaraD

PostSubject: Re: Keth Norai - Solar of the Second Age   Keth Norai - Solar of the Second Age - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 3:50 pm

That part didn't bother her as much as she expected, which was amusing in and of itself. Even the oldest part of her was at peace with this knowledge - she'd already committed it many, many times over. From the image in Theon's book, she suspected it was fairly mutual treason.

What's a little more treason after you seduced the king of the Raksha?

Keth smirked a little in amusement, crossing her arms as she began to think again. Death concerned her, but only so far as it meant she would have failed and possibly cost the lives of all those dear to her. But a new Deliberative, left unchecked and blindly following the commands of the Sun would cause just as much death. One laughably stupid attempt to force the Dragonblooded and the Lunars back under foot and there'd be a fourth front of war just inside their own damned borders.

She didn't even have a plan yet. Just a warning, ideas, and a deadline.

Possibilities and facts.

The Sidreals, hands and eyes of heaven, could not see into the Wyld. Could not see Wyld - even Sinclair, as shaped as he was, could not be seen by Demetrius. Luna's fate could not be seen there. Could they see into the Malfeas or was it hidden in kind? The labyrinth?

Her conversation with Avaku. No side was innocent, but every damned one swore they had a mandate from Heaven, the Sun, the Dragons, or Skippy god of cheese wheels. Every time a new command came from above, it stirred the damned fighting up again.

Can't we kill ourselves over grudges of our own making for a change?

Luna had said the gods had been occupied in games. Who had created the games? She could feel that there were several secrets being hidden in all this. If there was any chance of stopping this, she had to find those secrets and use them.

The abyssal Onyx had asked them for had turned out to have nothing whatsoever to do with their apocalyptic dreams. The one that truly wanted the Abyssal was Demetrius. He was turning against heaven for his own purposes. Whatever unspeakable horror he had planned, he was a reservoir of knowledge.

Bull of the North. She knew nothing about the man, save that he was frightening the Dragonblooded and cutting a bloody swath through the land. Perhaps Ivory or Dragotha could help her here?

Ten years. Ten damned years that felt so long before, and gave her so little time now. That was all she had to gather and teach the returning Solar. Before the Unconquered Sun would call them up, to try to war and rule again. She had to either lay out a path of least destruction for this horror to follow or stop it entirely - if it took storming the gates of Yu'shon itself.
Back to top Go down
AmaraD

PostSubject: Re: Keth Norai - Solar of the Second Age   Keth Norai - Solar of the Second Age - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 4:42 pm

There was no way she could do this alone. The scope of this conspiracy boggled even her mind. But for now it would have to be kept to a very few. The others included only in specific projects where needed or not told at all.

Who?

Jakaou, without question. Once they had come to an understanding that he would respect her boundaries, she had considerable trust in him. His keen wit for plans and tactics would be needed - and his support for whatever they had to do.

Archimedes. That man had a wealth of secrets and knowledge, and could be as cunning as it came. If she ever needed someone to help her shake Heaven's secrets, this would be it. He was a little bit of a risk, but she believed he would understand her request to keep this from Vile.

Avaku. He was hesitant about the Anethema, but he had insight and resources into the Dragonblooded she couldn't touch. She would have to trust him if they had any hope.

It pained her to do so, but she couldn't bring Sinclair into the heart of this yet. Her own secrets, all the things she wanted to do and learn with him. But not the why for this. She trusted him with her life and heart, but Theon had been right. There was no certainty Sireelaar might not be listening or watching through him. An anxious/excited shiver ran through her at that thought.

Keth crossed out a few other names for that same reason. Theon. He was possessed by a demon, and she couldn't yet gauge his level of control or relationship with it. If he gained better control of it later, perhaps. But he had his own troubles to handle.

Ivory was a puzzle. She had a keen mind and a swift hand when she was sober, but the woman's addiction was absolutely maddening and a liability. If they could break that, she'd be more then welcome.

Dragotha was an unknown. A good man, but she doubted he had much interest in this manner of conspiracy. He might be interested in helping her rally the North lands and hunt for secrets there until Ivory could stay sober.

Vile was an absolute no. She'd be glad to exchange information and favors in kind for knowledge of the Abyssals, but she couldn't trust him to keep this secret from his masters. And telling Ma Ha Suchi would simply be stupid and suicidal. If he didn't try to bed her, she didn't trust him to act rationally with the information.

She crumbled up the paper, very softly walking across the room to the little stove-fire.

For now, the secret would be limited to Jakaou, Archimedes and Avaku. I can welcome my other comrades into the projects and goals - Jakaou's airship was far more urgent then ever. Sijin. Fey'len's tomb. Rahthess. Finding the other Lunar leaders. Finding a damned place for my school and starting to hunt for the coming Exalts.

But I can't tell them what is coming... yet.

Oddly calm and resolute with her decisions made this night, Keth tossed the scribbled names into the fire and leaned back against the wall to watch it burn. Sharp eyes twinkling in thought.
Back to top Go down
AmaraD

PostSubject: Re: Keth Norai - Solar of the Second Age   Keth Norai - Solar of the Second Age - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 10:00 pm

Keth felt completely overwhelmed - with anger, betrayal, and worry for the man (she refused now, to think of Vile as anything less - however mad he might be) that she'd grossly underestimated. A man who had risked his existence to bring all this to them.

Her own hesitation to follow the commands of a god who'd not once interceded - in the usurpation, the corruption of the solars, anything - had now been reinforced a thousand fold. Every Solar, regardless of wit or wisdom, driven into ruler ship over the Lunars and Dragonblooded. The endless slaughters of the first age. The Lunars forced to bend knee to the Solars for millenia... all on lies.

LIES!

She wanted to scream in frustration, damn Yu'shon to the pit in fury or break a fist on a wall. The shard, the calm one, was in complete and utter shock. Absolutely no help at the moment.

Demetrius had been and was planning something terrible indeed. With deals spanning millenia, and numerous seals by the five Yozis binding them. Whatever he wanted, besides simple freedom and survival, they had no intention of stopping. Keth agreed with, and understood Archimedes concerns about what was being unleashed - but she couldn't find it in her heart to want to stop it. Whatever the ends might be, she could understand the reasons behind it.

And then Malfeas Be Damned Ivory, had been sitting on that manse...! The trip to Rahthess to scrape together bits of lost knowledge to fix the Airship, in the middle of calibration, had been entirely unnecessary. With the books and tools in that place, she felt unnecessary to the process now.

No idea how she could possibly deal with all of this.

So there she was at the bar with "Fargo", staring into a bottle of gods-knew what. Crushing responsibility on her shoulders and what could only be called existential crisis weighing on her at once.

She had no particular sense of how long she and Fargo exchanged sparse words of commiseration. Theon came into the tavern with a dottering member of the Brothers. That proved interesting, until the brother began going down the exact wrong trail with Lilith. Keth retreated quickly from the impeding destruction, only to be intercepted at the stairs by a smiling Sinclair.

A very dressed-up Sinclair, Keth processed in mild confusion and appreciation. That distracted her enough to be steered her gently into their room with a few soft words from the bard "Come on. There's a bath drawn, and a dress laid out."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keth Norai - Solar of the Second Age   Keth Norai - Solar of the Second Age - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Keth Norai - Solar of the Second Age
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2