Gamerchic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Texas Gaming

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

(CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
yanamari

yanamari

(CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era   (CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 9:35 pm

Opal woke but he could not open his eyes. Something bound them tightly closed. When he touched his face, even his hands were bound, wrapped in twisted layers of gauze. He tried to speak but nothing but a dry cracked moan left his lips. All at once, hearing that sound, he felt the burning pain deep beyond skin that swam in his bones. Breath sucked into his lungs amplifying it all the more until a white hot darkness threatened to take his mind.

What happened, he scarce knew. His final thoughts had been the fight to fly higher and higher, seeking the gleaming brightness far above. Had he arrived to that far flung destination? As a boy living at the foot of Mount Meru, Opal listened entranced to every tale of ancient gods gathering to hear the wisdom of the earthen dragon that dwelled within. Calibration fallen, the stars lost, something felt different.

A dull throbbing grew louder, stronger, a panicked sound that thumped in time to the pain rushing through his flesh. Some wet cry like gurgled glass filled his ears from his own parched throat. Other hands grabbed at him, forcing them back and down awakening every nerve again.

"He won't stop screaming, nothing seems to help." Ammonia scents fought with lavender and some spicy flower. Gauze cut away as another pair of hands laid something freezing against his boiling skin, bringing an immediate relief he did not realize he yearned for.

"He...lp...help..." Teeth ground together unable to complete the words.

"Hold him down. If he's talking, we need him to answer why he is here!"

Fingers still held in gauze started to shift, but he could not complete it through the endless ache as a sudden weight fell upon him. They fought together as the urge to fly away burned as the heat in his flesh. HELP ME! He railed and screamed in his mind as cold water splashed down his throat.

"Go...GO! We can't wait any longer. Bring the interrogator!"

Every touch felt like digging daggers to gnaw at Opal as nothing else could. Footsteps ran from the room, voices calling, and the strangest sounds of chimes played. He knew then, fear rippling through his flesh as essence tried to answer his calls but nothing happened. LUNA! Mother...someone...anyone....

A stumbled step, Opal gave shrill cry with strength born of madness to thrust away the man that held him. The coppery smell of blood filled his nose as something tore through the man, his heavy weight sagging against his blistered arm. Fingers ripping at the bandages over his eyes, the lunar fought valiantly to see, sensing only darkness. Complete and utter darkness.

The chimes grew louder as a man's heft of muscle and bone wrapped around him, pulling back. A sudden void formed, chill winds whispering through against abused skin and newly ripped open burns to bring a fresh whimpering from Opal. Yet somehow, he remained upright and aware.

"Whe...re..." Passing through the chill void it closed as seamless, the place beyond filled with soft air and essence. With a painful gasp, he crumpled against the figure who held him still.

The unknown savior gave a muffled grunt, practically dragging the lunar through a stumbling ordeal that ended with falling into a pool. Yet the substance did not bring a scream, only a sigh. The figure remained holding Opal, carefully unwrapping the gauze that tore away flesh.

"You should not flail or move. Relax."

Opal's head turned toward the voice, face a mass of deep burns gained in his flight towards the Unconquered Sun. Only one had ever looked unto his face without dying. Now it seemed there were two.

Cupping the thick waters, a hand lifted them to pour over the marred face and neck, down his chest. Again and again as new flesh formed with a spider web of pale pink lines, dearly sought comfort came to Opal after weeks of excruciating pain. "Ple....please...who..."

The fingers laid more over the face of the Lunar, pressing into his eyes, but nothing...not even this pool of healing could bring his sight back. Eyes clouded white, as his name, stared back unseeing.

Lips moved closer to his ear then, a growl of voice responding. "Demetrius."
Back to top Go down
http://gamerchic.org
yanamari

yanamari

PostSubject: Re: (CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era   (CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 10:45 pm

A fate worse than death. She recalled the line spoke in the night from a poet often writing by her light. He had tossed and turned, unable to find comfort in his life, while aching for something greater. In the vastness of his world, despite the thousands around him huddling away from the Unconquered Sun and the strangeness of feasting hordes, he held to the belief of helping others. He was her first child taken. Part of her still cried as he realized what a heaven he lived in once bathed in blood of primordials and behemoths.

Luna would pay for such a sin. This she knew above all others. The needs of the many outweighed these few. But they had become so very precious to her, children to a mother, though she would never know a birth of her own. To do so would reveal too many horrors and truths. Yet through her chosen, she bred, birthed, bled, and died as no other god so connected to their exalted.

So it was as she fell to the Wyld from Yu'shan that her pain yearned to these children. A few had been butchered by the lord and his Great Hunt. More still would come. Sitting beside a grand window, Luna made witness to the atrocities with a self-held promise for vengeance. Now another had been brought within the chambers. Archimedes, consumed by the spider, diviner and summoner, in love with his circle, friends, a solar mate and abyssal friend. He had so many faces, much like her own.

The mad one brutalized him again, knowing she felt his pain and fraying of patience. Soon the old man would give out. Arms wrapped around herself, she refused to close her eyes or admit defeat. If he was here, so to were his friends and family, brazen enough to seek their mother.

"My children... I miss you all so much. And I am so proud." Bruises, cuts, a thousand tears and unwelcome offenses laid over her flesh from the month tethered to this place. But she would not go down with out a fight. Never.

(CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era - Page 2 Kdertyyghjkfsdoitg645ertwe87uoirfposuuhs
Back to top Go down
yanamari

yanamari

PostSubject: Re: (CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era   (CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 11:05 am

((Written with Swede, you rock!))

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

For hours, Archimedes had been left within a chamber with thin slivers of windows, rune etched walls, no door, and worse still no sense of time. The last he recalled was diving across the threshold into the Lost Wood. The group had made it through a crazed run into this land beyond, only to find themselves in a beautiful land of trees, soft sunlight, and peace. A strange thing to witness after hearing tales of horror about this so called Great Hunt.

As they traveled, he had wandered aside to do nature's business, yet could not find the others when attempting to return. A sound of hooves marked the arrival of a contingent of heavily armored elven men. Each helm and breastplate bore the marks of trees, a love and dedication to trees and nature. Among them though was the horned god, greater than the others with madness in him. Perenales warned caution, to hold so perfectly still.

Armor so refined and gleaming it looked like mirrors bent before Archimedes. His helm hid the face entirely but two eyes of pure blue and lightening, no pupil or edge to them. The antlers rising from the metal numbered hundreds of points, a sight to see indeed. A silken black sack fell over his head, arms lifted him, and within the day tossed him into this prison.

Time passed, how long he could not say for the sunlight never changed through the window. But a door soon formed with a rather simple figure entering. Tall, yet not strangely so, he seemed a man caught in eternal youth. Hair longer than his waist was a shining glory of reds and browns, auburn like the autumn, and tightly curled. He wore only soft leather pants, a simple linen shirt, and no shoes. But what caught Archimedes were the eyes, completely blue and struck through with lightening.

Waving the old lunar to sit, he himself settled below him on the straw covered floor. The elf never seemed to blink. Ever.

"What brings you to the Lost Woods, friend?"

Archimedes smiled and feigned being nothing more than elderly and kind. "A journey into the wyld for nothing more than flora and fauna. To pick berries, flowers, and the like. They are important for our work."

The fae pulled his knees up, lounging his arms on them. With a toss of head to the side, he just grinned.

"Quite an amazing gathering you have with you for ...what was it...flower picking?" The smile just grew impossibly wider. Something lurked in the eyes and grin, something terribly alien. "You must have heard the tales of the blossoms here, friend. As to who I am...you truly wish to know?"

"Of course I truly wish to know. Can you tell me where I am? Is there a particular reason I was brought here?" By sheer will, he did not fidget.

The youth's smile broke to reveal perfect white teeth, slightly pointed. "I am a...chronicler. And you have a tale. Or shall I tell you I am a fine lord that loves his people? I believe nothing of this would satisfy your interests." He raised a single hand, laying it over one of his eyes. The orb released from within the socket to float, lightening coursing over it. "I am the lord of this domain. And you are a trespasser. So you come to steal bannions...or something far more delicate?"

Archimedes waved aside his thin hand. "I would never take a risk for bannions. I have heard what it takes to try and get those. I am curious. If you feel as if I have stolen anything from your domain, I will gladly give it back to you. I mean no harm."

The eye moved quickly with a trail of lightening through the air, circling the man and the lunar. "You wish peace, yet you entered my lands. I could have withheld your entrance, yet how can the spider turn away the prey from within it's very web. That is...what you are...is it not?"

He leaned forward, trailing fingers near Archimedes' eyes. "Lovely. Do you see as your spider self?"

Archimedes thought to himself is this guy was for real? What was his true motive. dancing around with it as if each answer depended on how fast or slow this creature planned on waiting before making it's first strike. Maybe it didn't want to attack him and keep him as a pet? A terrible future, he would never allow it.

"So it seems you have come across others like me before? I must say, I have never come across one like you."

Perenales whispered within to Archimedes. This one...is powerful. But we could learn so much from him. Walk carefully.

Archimedes still sat wearing his clothing, his robe, and the long flowing coat made of golden threads of fae like hair. Near at hand remained his demons. His brain held the power of charms and spells. And yet here sat the supposed leader of this domain wearing only clothes and no shoes. No armor. Nothing but seemingly good intentions.

"This far in the depths of the wyld, I do not doubt we find the other ...strange. Especially those you bring with you. Why, it seems like an ancient story from the great wars." He shivered tossing back his head and reclaiming his eye back into his head. "Truly extraordinary."

To be continued...

Last edited by yanamari on Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
yanamari

yanamari

PostSubject: Re: (CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era   (CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 3:09 pm

((Written with Swede, you rock!))

Delighted to hear the voice of Perenales whisper to him he took every word seriously. indeed we could learn from him. a creature completely unknown to him he kept gazing at this lord of the domain still curious if this was magic or not in front of him.

"I have a story for you. There I was in a city that appeared to be abandoned and forgotten by time. Surrounded by monkeys staring me down looking for any weakness to dominate me and do what they wanted. Were they after my soul? Did they fancy my clothes? Or were they having a bad day? I never found out. as they started to throw anything they could get their hands on at me my fellow companion and I started to defend ourselves. Magic, spells, martial arts, all skills we had available were being used for defense."

Archimedes will then shift into one of the monkeys he had eaten the heart of to show this creature what they looked like and then go back to his regular form to be able to talk to him.

"Can you imagine it? Hundreds of them everywhere in trees while we were on the ground looking up at them wondering why they felt threatened and the need to fight. Perhaps it was the fact they may not have seen people before, or perhaps they were very paranoid and couldn't see beyond us as being explorers. After a glorious battle against them my and my companion were able to drive them off and leave the city that seemed abandoned and forgotten to leave it in peace. Clearly our presence was not welcome."

Archimedes will reach in to one of his pockets and take out a small flask looking item and take a drink from it. He will reach over to the creature and ask if he would like a drink of the finest water than can be found.

Taking hold of the flask, the elf smiled wide and bright at Archimedes. He sniffed at what laid within, a sip and only a sip taken.

"War. Oh yes, I know the bright hunger, the desperate rush of weapon and flesh. You carry a trophy in the shaping of your own skin and bone. But I doubt the monkey is the greatest of your forms, or this tale any grander than that of the box in your pocket." The blue eyes slitted. "Do you believe I look upon you as a mere monkey? Or do you wish me to simply allow you exit, in ...peace?"

With a chuckle, he offered back the flask. "There was a time we lived in a harmony with Creation. And hundreds of you came, perching in my trees, looking down upon us as enemy, eager to slate your thirsts for battle. And we answered with a zealousness unrivaled in every war and passion your soul has witnessed. Do you not...remember me?"

"If it is the box you are after you will not get a fight from me if you want to take it. You know where it is. No I do not remember you. if i do or did know you, the form you have now, the way you look is not familiar to me."

Slowly rising from sitting, the creature before Archimedes began shifting. Layers of metal slithered over his skin, forming into armor. Two large antlers protruded from his head, so many points forming, the lunar could not count them. When complete, the full set of armor was so bright and perfect that it looked to be made of mirrors. The helm had a frightening curve to it, tipped in razor sharp pointed antlers, with twin blazing orbs of blue piercing in the sockets.

Some distant part of Archimedes, that itchy place in his soul, felt a need to run or fight, as if his soul remembered where he did not.

When it spoke, the voice held thunder and sounded like the whispers from the labyrinth. "Oh lord of monkeys and spiders, you may not remember me. But it is my duty to remember you. Though this face is quite different. You laid in the mighty river here, crafted by my own hands. Listened to stories, and spoke of your own hoping to gain my trust. War came nonetheless, which pleased me eternally."

He took steps around Archimedes, noting the coat's glimmering shine. "You now come draped in a trophy of the Exile. Knowing where he was, would earn you a safe exit from my lands. As to your box, I have no need of it. I am the master here. Not you. Not it."

Archimedes thoughts are piling up in his head. should i run? should i prepare for a fight? logic kicks in and reminds him this is a lord of a place he is not familiar with. this is a lord that has just shifted in front of him showing Archimedes he indeed is powerful. logic says to not panic or fight or run. go with the flow. let's see where this adventure takes us this time.

"I am very happy to have my trophy wrapped around me at all times. Not only does it remind me of how hard it was to gather the materials needed to create this making that feeling of self accomplishment fill me up, but also it helps me when I need to not be seen. I'm sure you know of all the powers it has and talking about them to you is wasting both our time."

Archimedes will stand up straight, look right into the glowing blue orbs of this creature before him just to let him know there is no fear or sense of panic stirring up in Archimedes.

"Now that is impressive! look at that armor! beautiful. I must say, you have great taste in what to wear. I love it!"

Thoughts shifting in the mind of Archimedes, what is this armor? It's amazing!

"Dear lord, what services do you require of me? Obviously I am looking for a peaceful exit from your lands but it seems that there is a reason you have brought me here that I have yet to understand."

The Raksha took a single step back, power coiling through his form until a doorway opened. "Witness." As the armored figure disappeared, so did the door.

And then the screaming began.
Back to top Go down
yanamari

yanamari

PostSubject: Re: (CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era   (CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 7:00 pm

It has been a week since calibration ended and the others left. I've been in Ma Ha Suchi's temple manse, a place I keep remembering a little more day by day. Which is weird. Really weird. The other lunars left with me keep leaving. They look sleepy, lost, just odd. I do not understand. Maybe they are being called, like the others.

Lynn peered up from her writing to toss white sand over the ink. As it dried, she considered the options available to her. The place was nearly empty of Lunars, but the prison was full, beyond full by her estimates. Young to elderly, people were kept waiting on the whim of a Lunar consumed by a demon. She wanted to help them, but it meant giving away his secret. And this one she couldn't decide if it was his fault, or just part of his curse.

Only one Lunar remained, the tiger, young and tribal. He always ran away when she neared or stayed out in the jungle, a blessing now as she stowed away the journal and started pushing a heavy cart laden with food and clothing. Grumbling the entire slow shoving of the way, she could only hope what she did now would help and give her time to tear apart the rest of the manse.

"I swear...they owe me....ug...hunf....so much...for this...Stay in the temple...have some laughs...fuuuuuggrrrrrhn!" By the time she had shoved, kicked, and flat out growled at the cart. Every once in a while, something would fall off needing to be tossed back on. But finally she arrived into the hall with the symbols again. Hands on her knees, she panted and shook the sweat from her eyes. The heat had remained steady due to the desires of the owner Ma Ha Suchi, which baffled her entirely. "He has so...much fur!? This is crazy!"

With a few presses and another shove, the doorway to the prison wing opened. The moment she peered down though all of her courage left her. "Oh this was a stupid idea...so stupid...what if they did horrible things?" She bit her lip hard before filling her arms with waterskins and cloth, a bowl, fruit, and finally a knife. Her hand had a bit of quiver as she neared the first cell and again waved the stone before it. Darkness met her eyes and stench.

"Ok, I'm here just to help. Water. Food. Don't hurt me ok?" She tried Riverspeech, then some Forest Tongue, a couple of the regional dialects, even tiki speech. But the girl just moaned and pulled away. Better than attacking. One step after another, Lynn inched closer to the girl tied to the side of a small cot. Her face was less purple now, but she reeked terribly. The bed had her mess, along with the floor, no where else to go and so little fresh food left.

"Oh sweet Sun, what was he doing. Or what did it make him do. Ok, my name is Lynn. Don't talk, just let me help." The hardest step to take was pressing the wet cloth to the girl and letting her touch her arm. Not seeing tattoos, she sobbed and grabbed Lynn tightly.

I think the curse on Ma Ha Suchi made him do terrible things. Or worse, he was providing to the demon to sate it, keeping it away from completely taking over his mind. How much pain he must be in! Theon needs to know and understand just how close the Lunar is to losing his mind. I found symbols in claw speech, but it's hard to understand. Archimedes had just started teaching me. But I think they are prayers and pleas for help to some mother.

Every room was like the first, with young to old, a total of fourteen battered and broken women with one young boy so pretty he could be a girl. Thankfully they all had a language she knew. Most were stolen from Greyfalls, a couple from nearby tribes, and one from a guild ship. They had names and histories, each so scared of the hallway, so she moved them into guest rooms together in groups. It seemed the safest way to keep them from the rest of the place.

Lynn continued taking notes on a few scrolls, one per person, a brief history of their lives for safeguarding. Her stylus fell from her fingers as she rubbed her eyes and wished again her friends would come back. Rubbing the ring they gave her, she tried again and again.

"Archimedes? Theon? Keth?" No one replied. "Ivory? Onyx" Nothing more. She sighed tired and frustrated, leaning back in her chair. "Where are you guys?"

It took thought and care, but she finally figured out a way to move them from the manse grounds, away from Ma Ha Suchi, and back to civilization without causing too much trouble. If the evil Lunar lord wanted to tear her apart for letting them go, he could bloody well try.

"People safe, rooms cleaned, and now...I'm all alone. I think it's damn time to find it." After a long sleep, fresh bath, Lynn suited up with her trusty backpack, a lantern, her journal and graphite stubs, and a sense of adventure.

Starting from the main entry, she began mapping every hallway. The moment something seemed familiar, she made a mark with chalk on the stone and in her journal. But soon enough those marks made no sense. Her curses spewed forth in a torrent, and she tried again. This time, every hall she walked along the edge thinking of anything else but the manse while trailing the stone.

New halls opened, new doors formed. Sometimes taking her back to the entry, kitchen, or her guest room. She tried every trick she could think of and a few others. In the end, she gave up sane tactics and took up a new one, opening and closing the same damn door. If it was a magical manse, wouldn't it decide on whim what laid beyond?

For a week more she worked the door, reading books she collected through their travels and in the manse. The ticks of time in her book numbered along. In that time, she constructed a fairly odd contraption out of furniture, a few lengths of chain taken from the gates, and the rock. Success finally came the moment Ma Ha Suchi fought the Raksha Amadon Na Brina in the Wyld.

The door opened. A library waited beyond. All the walls slowly melted away, halls solidifying, the power of the manse lessening. Lynn had no idea what happened, but threw up a prayer to the small god of children's foolish luck.

Eyes wide as saucers, she stepped into a library unlike anything she expected. Gleaming tomes edged in orichalcum, jade, and moonsilver met her eyes. Nothing behind glass or locks. Everything free to read. The place had no chairs, only divans and large piles of pillows. Half of the works looked refined, ancient, filled with novels of intrigue. Many of them were written by the hand of Ma Ha Suchi as he infiltrated covens, societies, Raksha kingdoms, and demon circles. These parts of the library she found intriguing simply for the wealth of history. But the rest left rooted to the spot. Large gashes from claws ripped through and destroyed many tomes. Papers laid scattered, torn, burnt, and bled on. Claw speak and a demon runic language laid over everything. The fireplace was filed with piles of destroyed works, beyond mundane recovery.

"What....happened. Oh Theon! I don't think you are safe with that man..." Sounds of books shifting met her ears, making Lynn drop to her knees and wiggle up behind a cabinet.

"Ho there, a guest?" A silvery snip of shears could be heard, leaving Lynn's heart in her stomach. "Is the door finally open? Oh I was about to go truly mad left in here alone!"

Peeking over the edge of the cabinet, a strange spindly thin man leaned over precariously with a set of silver sheas and a curtain in hand. His face held swirled patterns, much like those in fine fabrics, colors in his eyes and hair unlike anything she spied before in blues to rose reds. And his clothing was absolutely fabulous!

He motioned her around thankfully by his hand and not the shears. She stood straight with as much grace as possible. "Ah, hello."

The strange man smiled and bowed. "My dearest lady, you must be a guest of the august lord. He sent me here to work while your party remained. But I daresay he forgot about me. And the ties that bind us thread awfully thin. Please...tell me there is something I could do to help you? I do not wish to return to hell!"

Lynn blinked rapidly, unsure how to respond. "Oh well ah what can you do?"

The demon grinned wide and began taking her measurements. "I drape fabric and create amazing displays of artistic appeal. I'm a tailor."

"Oh great Sun...."
Back to top Go down
yanamari

yanamari

PostSubject: Re: (CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era   (CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 3:04 pm

"Get your chin straight. Those arms aren't locked. Come on, boy, you were doing fine an hour ago." Dane glared across the practice pell at a wobbling Icherus. When he lost focus, he could be as gangly as an newborn calf. But honed, he had the makings of a warrior.

Blond hair stuck out in odd angles from around his head, sweat dripping from the tips and flowing into the air around him. Exaltation came to the dragon blooded courtier over the year spent with Dane, bringing a renewed interest in the lad's training. As now, with buckets of sand tied to each arm, to spar with an elite swordmaster, wielding just a heavy carved oaken sword. Every passing moment felt as if the buckets would saw through his arms and leave him free from the constant work for something he regretted asking for.

"My arms...are burning!" The buckets jostled again, sand falling in a circle.

Dane slowly stood straighter, resting his hands over the pommel as the point sunk into the leather floor. "Then sate them. You are exalted, dynast. Stop fighting like a man. War like a blessed. Those buckets are nothing compared to the power of your elements."

Icherus glared in return, letting the sword drop from his fingers. With a flick of wrist, he sent a spray of sand before him upon a blast of water towards the Solar. Caught off-guard, Dane fell back a few steps to recover.

Without a word, he turned and left the circle, every step heavy and frustrated into the halls and out into the countryside. Tall grasses brown from summer were bending with the first chill winds coming from the mountains. Winter fast approached, a fast remedy for the boy's hot mood. He knew what would help, more than anything, but she was terribly far away.

The young man dropped to a wide stone set beside a creek, the weight of the world seemingly balanced on his shoulders. Rocks and bits of grass ended up in his hands and tossed across the waters.

"Wish I could talk with you, Lynn. Could really use your advice right now." His fingers curled into his palm, the water answering with a rise and bend in return as if becoming a living sculpture. "Soon as I can, I'm leaving and finding you again."

Back to top Go down
yanamari

yanamari

PostSubject: Re: (CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era   (CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 9:55 am

Face tilted back in the sun, Hapza wished he could set aside the sickle and let the whole damn field go without working. No matter how hard he tilled, laid seed, and prayed to the gods of rain and plenty, the crops were meager along with his table. Every muscle burned as the last vestiges of warm days left him with a shiver that seemed never to end. The winter months would be colder than he remembered, or maybe he just felt it in his bones more.

Peeking open one eye, then the open, his hands took to the plow and feet continued in the old tired pace of a lifetime's labor. He need to get in the winter crops, using the seed as sparing as he could. And maybe, just maybe he would get lucky with a bluebell or fairglen growing amid it all. His wife often chided him for believing in magic seeds, but it had to prove out someday. Just once. Eyes focused on the nag pulling the plow, he tried not to look at the spot he buried her two winters past.

For hours he walked the paths and urged the nag to keep pulling along. The promise of a fireplace and potato soup kept him from a nap on the hard earth. If he stopped, Hapza knew he wouldn't continue.

Finally the time came for him to rest, to set his old weary bones down and enjoy fresh mead and potatoes. Soon enough he was dozing with a full belly and his feet propped up, a simple life for a simple man.

A small figure walked out into the field, standing near to center as she could. Tilting back her head, Ellis looked to the night sky devoid of Luna. Never had the nights gone on so long without her light. All of Creation feared the loss of the moon. Even she knew something wasn't quite right. The Sun was sad. Yet no one else seemed to really notice.

But Ellis kept to her word, and traveled the country side gathering those Solars she found. Sometimes she went weeks without finding what the Sun told her in visions. But eventually she would come across a burning light in the distance and a person crying filled with fear of this unknown history and horror of being chosen.

Kneeling to the field, she scooped up the earth into her remaining hand. Light blossomed on her forehead, spilling over the tilled earth farmed near to worthlessness. She hummed a tune from her own years long past when working in fields like these on her own farm. The family she knew was dead and buried far long ago, and this man had lost so much. She knew his story just by watching him all day long. Brighter the light beamed from her until she gleamed like a small sun.

She bent to gently return the blessed soil back upon the field. As she walked into the distant forest to continue North, small pale green sprigs began shooting from the earth. He would have a magical bounty waiting. He had earned it.
Back to top Go down
yanamari

yanamari

PostSubject: Re: (CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era   (CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 12:30 pm

(This could be spied on.)

The first moment he could gain, Vile slipped away from the group, even taking time from Archimedes' side to confront his enemy. Ma Ha Suchi sat at the bathing pool edge, feet danging into the waters. Starlight bathed the area with enough light to make a clear line of shoulders and back.

He was weakened, without totem, dependent on the bare specifics...and magic. A knife laid in the palm of his bony hand, eyes hard upon the Lunar before him. With a slinky rush, so very silent, the Abyssal laid the blade upon the neck of Ma Ha Suchi.

The lunar froze, eyes sliding to the side without concern. Not a risen beat of his heart, or flush of skin occurred. Vile cared not, being this close to ending the man felt a victory in itself.

"You carry a secret, fiend. Did you not think I would recognize?" Spittle smacked upon the inside of his bone white mask, glowing faintly from the starlight as a horse's skull.

A lithe hand raised and laid upon the wielded blade. The softness of that touch belied the strength of muscle and sinew as bones ground against the other. "My motivations are my own, Vile Whisper--"

A hiss exploded from the ruined lips. "Oh shut up! Your motivations have nearly destroyed your own damn people! You send spy after spy into our home. Attacked and tortured the natural world and humanity. And your folk consider me the demon!"

The dead man shook with fury as Ma Ha Suchi remained so very still and calm from the backlash. He responded with the aplomb of a prince. "You are right."

The fight in Vile held then exploded again as he fought to be released for attack. A foot laid upon his back, yanking for all he was worth, causing the Lunar to laugh bright and clear. Nothing within it mocked the younger, but it only brought down the use of shadowy levinbolts into the back and side, flung by his free hand.

"LET ME GO!"

Swinging forward, Vile went flying into the bathing pool, quickly followed by Ma Ha Suchi upon him. Together they wrestled, charms of death and disease filling the waters until they ran black and putrid. But the Lunar remained close, hands tightly gripping the abyssal.

"Silence." Power and essence coiled within the Lunar until his personality forced the other to settle. Gulping air, Vile could only watch and listen. "We all have our secrets. Mine have lain in my heart for eons. I have murdered for the moon, as much as for the demon. You...understand more than any other, young man."

Vile ripped away his mask, baring the horrible visage gnawed upon by rats, marred by runes, as dark as the soul within the body. "Oh yes I do. And that's why I must know. HOW did you learn Labyrinthian sorcery!"
Back to top Go down
yanamari

yanamari

PostSubject: Re: (CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era   (CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 3:31 pm

Blades clashed with a rounding ring as the doorway between worlds glimmered. Sinclair could not bring himself to reveal what visage he could manifest, but the constant attacks left his arms vibrating from the force, so much so a few fingers tingled numb.

"I love you but GO!" He screamed, voice growling raw in his throat as the bewildered and somewhat angry solar leaped through the oval of power. The closing of the portal shunted power against those Raksha closest, leaving himself and the lord sprawling for balance. Gold ran through his hair, along his arms, as the sword of the king blazed to life. Yet Amadon only grinned the wider.

"I trade a god for our own lord. Oh mericful Beshab, what bright orisons stare upon me in providing the very Exile into my grasp." The Raksha gracefully turned to drive the behemoth blade roughly against Sinclair's.

Yet the man held, legs shaking and arm tiring, he shifted to absorb the blow and push back without losing a foot. "I am not yours, Briona. Nor shall I ever be, even if you peel this flesh away to the shaping within. You confound one mistake with another!"

A terrible weight fell upon Sinclair's shoulders, bashing into the back of his knees, driving him roughly to the ground at Amadon's feet. Booted heels crushed into bone, sword wrenched free from his grip. Face filled with grit, he could barely glare up to the lightening filled orbs dancing madly .

"You understand so little, poppet. Take our catch to the dungeons." A sidelong glance to his grand steed now freed from the pains of the Abyssal's spell only angered him further. "And bring me the guest. Implements. Oh and the scroll. I have a terrible thought upon what next to do."

Sinclair rose from the ground hardly by his own power, feet and legs dragging as the warriors took their charge deeper into the prison. Within the room smelling of his friend Archimedes, they donned gloves made of powerful materials and bound him in a dull black link of chain. One to each arm. Pain unlike anything ever felt tore apart his mind as screams ripped free. Only days later did they cease.

Eyes forced open by Amadon, the bard could scarce hold himself up as the cold iron shattered his seeming and blazed every nerve into a painful existence. "Kill me..."

Amadon sneered as two bowls set upon the table. "No no, I expect you to live my dear king. Live forever in my own image. We just need to make a few key...changes." Raising a scalpel, the blade laid to flesh sweeping strokes soon filled with meddling materials from the bowls.

Euphoria and pain mixed oddly through his body as a soft feminine voice came near his ear. "Now Sinclair, tell us all about your travels. Of your life apart. Of those you have met. Not a detail lost. For it shall remain within me. And no other." Dark eyes glanced up through a half ruined face to Amadon.

And he in turn smiled to the abyssal guest he entertained. "Soon he will be wholly human, and ours."

Sinclair woke with a horrified gasp, reaching across his body to feel the strange tug of clay, moss, and linen swathing his skin. Voices leaked to him through doorways and windows, the air fresh, windows bright. Near him snored the sleeping form of Lilith, curled up too tired to leave him as she tended his wounds.

"Was it a dream...was it truth...I wish I could remember it all." He fell back hard, eyes closing again. "Keth, thank you."
Back to top Go down
yanamari

yanamari

PostSubject: Re: (CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era   (CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:12 pm

Jakaou whistled as he wandered through the manse of Bree and Ferris, flipping a bit of jade high into the air and catching it on the way down. No one spent much time bothering the solar, perhaps considering him little more than a mortal with class and fine clothes. Which suited him just fine.

Everyone seemed completely consumed with themselves and each other, though Theon and Archimedes did spend a bit of time with him. He could not help but grin. Those two men would be brothers of a sort for as long as he could hold them. And Keth a friend he had not expected. A friend and no more. But one thing Jakaou never did was dwell.

By the time he left the manse, he grinned wide. The ages may have continued on, but in truth nothing had really changed at all. Everyone fought for control of the world, or to force it into some version they wanted. And those in warfare tended to be exalted in some fashion.

"Gods among men. What I'd give for just a woman amongst us. Or at least here to share this bottle." The jade flipped over his knuckles as he walked, flashing here and there in the last rays of the sun as Jakaou sought out just the right place to do some work. Tilting his head this way and that, leaning back in the leeway of a tree and rock, the solar fell back with a sigh of contentment. A yank of cork, flick of flame against a cigar, and the man nearly felt whole again.

His fingers pressed against one of the numerous gems pierced through his ears. Essence flowed as naturally as the wine down his throat.

"So Lucien, how fares the ship?"

Worlds away, the ever vigilant servant raised a brow as a familiar voice echoed. Krellis glanced up to him, receiving a distinctive wave of hand. She returned to her work upon inlaid jade along the hull, surrounded by tools and materials. Lucien only nodded, seeking a more private location.

Where Jakaou enjoyed a sunset, Lucien stepped upon the upper decks into the bright cold sunshine of day. "My lord. Repairs have come to a halt. There has been an issue within the city, particularly with humans. They have become quite a danger to themselves and others. And in the last day, they have all fall asleep. Most peculiar." He pressed his glasses further up his long nose.

Jakaou took a slow deep drink of the wine, puffing upon his cigar as he pondered the words. "I have some ideas on why. But first, we need to get flying. Quickly. I have a set of books for Krellis, and Keth....has alot of reading to do as well. We'll get her working on the finer points. Maybe find her a cute little halter top and pair of short knickers to work in."

"Sir?"

"Nothing. So, estimates?"

"We need mountains of materials. Far more jade for the inlays. We could use cheaper white, but it may need replacement. The woodwork needs something far more receptive to essence coursing through those jade channels. I have enough gold scrounged from the unused rooms, but those will need replacement. And then there is the shortage of focusing gems."

Jakaou cursed in seatongue long and frustrated, inventing new ways for tentacles to rape asses. "Let's see about redwood from the East, plentiful even if we have to replace it. If Archimedes can come through for us, Sijan black ironwood. That will give those damned fae pause."

"A thought, sir."

"Hm?"

"The temples and shrines here were desecrated. The stones and wood being piled high for destroying. Twisted but..."

"...perfect. Get your hands on some. Keth may have ideas on that bit of luck." Fingers grabbed at his cigar, causing him to look over. "And I may need to go for now..."

Lynn frowned, sniffing at the burning ember. She caught him motioning how to turn it around and take a deep breath, which she did and prompted coughed till crying. "HA! Ah think you are ready for everything hmm? Here." He provided the bottle, which she chugged back.

"ACK! And wine?! Are you trying to kill me?"

The sly solar just grinned with a sparkling smile. "Hardly. So lovely girl, seems you are a Lunar now. And fancy beautiful things."

Giving him a hard glare, the girl stuck out her chin. "I am! I'm far tougher than you know!"

"Aww, too bad. A pretty girl should have pretty earrings. Guess a tough Lunar--"

Small hands smacked at his chest. "Jakaaoooouuu, I would love something pretty."

Like candy to a...baby. He laughed and pulled free a dazzling blue sapphire from his ear, offering it across. "Means we'll need to pierce those ears."
Back to top Go down
yanamari

yanamari

PostSubject: Re: (CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era   (CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era - Page 2 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 4:08 pm

No sooner had Phillip pulled down the thick boards and opened shutters to the shop, had he returned it all again. The world had become increasingly dangerous, leaving him in sole protection of his growing family. What supplies he hoarded would last only a month, but now into a second, it seemed they may be in dire straits indeed.

Despite the madness of serial killers and rampaging mobs, he left into the streets for food and water, anything that would keep over long periods of time. But even he felt strangely affected by the lack of dreams. His wife Mellena and a couple of their oldest daughters spent long tiring hours pouring over the occult texts in the vain hopes of finding solutions. Many other patrons of the bookshop likewise visited, seeking curses or remedies to end the mind maladies. Yet nothing seemed to work.

And every few days, a very old patron of the shop would return to see Theon. At first, meeting with the gentleman was a welcome occasion for Phillip. But now he felt persecuted or stalked, always seeing those bright eyes watching him whenever he peered between slates of wood.

"He'll never leave." Voice so raw and ragged, he barely recognized himself. Half of his girls were tied to their beds, their mother drinking heavily, and he walked around wielding a crowbar. "What do I do...I just..." Phillip's knees buckled as he slid to the floor, head thudding dully on wood, and his mouth erupted in snoring.

The street filled with others, some fighting, others hiding, each taken into a similar slumber. But Demetrius would not be so affected. Glaring to the skies above, the moon eclipsed the sun with a powerful flickering of darkness and light. Only one of the time had they ever endured such a sight, the first time Luna met the Unconquered Sun. But this was decidedly different as everyone simply fell over into sleep.

Stepping over bodies, he neared the door of the bookshop. With a slight movement into specific katas, he slipped through the cracks of time and space to appear within. Each man and woman he paid no heed. The tomes neither caught his interest, for he had seen them many times over.

Demetrius took a seat and waited.
Back to top Go down
yanamari

yanamari

PostSubject: Re: (CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era   (CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 4:08 pm

They had returned to Nexus in the lateness of evening. A world laid asleep around them. Literally laying everywhere. For once in the past week, Vile smiled within his mask. Nothing could interrupt him. Even kicking a fruit seller in the head didn't stir him. He should have shouted in glee....until he found the hollowed out remains of his old neighborhood. His father had gone missing. The district had long burned to ash and splinters. Nothing truly remained now of his past. True, he hated his father. But forcing the worm to live longer and longer gave him joy in his misery.

Now, he had nothing left but what the Mask of Winters deigned him to have. A gnarled hand patted his shoulder, sensing something in the withered husk had broken finally. Yet Vile could not turn to Archimedes, else he too would be taken from him. Gritting his teeth, he grumbled low in ancient tongues of death and horror. Not in his lifetime would anything dare take this old man from him.

Shrugging away as Archimedes checked on his people and the others seemed content with their own little lives, the abyssal wandered to the one place where everybody knew his name. Tossing aside the door, scraping over to a corner table, Typhoon and others proclaimed, "VILE!"

With a wave of skinny arm, he hissed at them like a cat tossed in oily water. But it felt good to be wanted by them. "So, old friend, seems you have quite the panoply now. And not entirely made of whores."

The abyssal grinned until his white teeth lit up the corner. His meaty hand smacked Vile's shoulder till it popped, his other filling a tankard with fresh blood. "Come now, toast with me. Enjoy the fruits of our unliving labors."

The tankard slid across, still warm from whatever wretch was freshly squeezed. "And we celebrate what exactly?"

Typhoon only smiled, clunked tankards, and drank. The method he did so did not invite further inquiry. Setting aside his mask, the putrid young man drank greedily at the cup. Blood. Oh how thirsty he was now indulging. He felt like a starving man finally given more than a crust of bread. "So good...so good..."

Vile Whisper, far too long have you roamed from the fold.

Ice trailed down Vile's spine as the words of the Mask of Winters sharply thrust into his thoughts. My Lord, I did not mean to tarry--

For over two months you have been beyond Creation's edge. I grow intrigued to a dangerous degree to learn much more of the sights engendered.

Now did the tankard pause in its tilting. Did he truly just illude to...what Vile thought he did? Could such a thing be possible? I have taken great pains to remain attentive. I followed the lead of these Lunars and Solars into the Wyld. We moved between worlds. And much has changed. The Deathlord ravaged his memories, seeking what Vile would think upon most. He could never turn away his master's touch, but the older he became, he had learned a few tricks. Unfortunately, not enough.

You know better than to hide anything from me.

Typhoon's meaty palm never was slow as other people assumed. The man was a talented murderer, interrogator, and powerful lout. He traced charmed patterns behind Vile's neck, bringing his body under his control as a puppet. Trying to keep anything more would only bring grim reminders of who really owned him.

"Relax, boy. You've been too far gone without your circle. Family...is...family..." The words held a heat to them, mirrored in dangerous eyes. A shove of essence sent Vile spiraling back through recent events. Every wall tore away, broken through with slivers of cold and clinical review as the Mask of Winters drove through every new sight and conversation.

Yet a few remained in the deepest core of Vile, hidden away within a demon, kept for the safest of keeping.

Back to top Go down
yanamari

yanamari

PostSubject: Re: (CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era   (CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 4:44 pm

Jakaou took the steps and rails up to his ship two at a time, so eager and turning was his brain. Far too long, he had been asleep betwixt the ears. And legs his loins told him. Looking down, he growled at his silken trousers and thick banded belts. "Not now!"

"Sir?" Lucien peered over, not as thin as when he left. Whatever look laid upon his master's face moved the steward with conviction. And Jakaou never once took time to call out and make demands. Once aboard, his commands range clear through his inward thoughts. When next they met, nigh colliding in the halls towards the hidden office of the Solar.

His clothing rent with tears and frays had been mended. The glasses perched clear. Even his hair and ears were far more pointy than before. "You look amicably well, Lucien."

"Entirely due to the ministrations of Krellis. I have prepared all I could based on your earlier inquiries. Yet it seems far more has changed since then?" The last he had spied Jakaou so focused they had entered a bloody war upon three fronts in the Straits of She that Consumes All and the Skullstones. They had not won the first few battles, but he had destroyed the rising demons, tamed those seas, and forced many a Raksha to their knees before him. The first and last grand moment of this simple man. He earned his title then. Lucien could only wonder what brooked resolve now.

But Jakaou did not pay attention to the keen look or sheafs of papers handed to him. His steps sure and forward drove him to an office he had long since left closed. Chains rattled apart, dust and webs falling aside as they groaned and clattered. And the onyx black door of black jade with bone handle swung open. The handle only appeared for him, yet never had he touched it.

Lanterns flared to life, candles continued to melt upon the beast skulls and goblets they were stubbed upon. He had not changed this room since his glory years. To do so seemed...superstitious bad luck. Layers of maps that Keth would have swooned to see hung from orichalcum poles, dust and age nearly consuming the content.

Running fingers over his most treasured possession, he turned slightly. "Drop us into water, Lucien. I have work to complete. Bring a meal for us, wine, and more tallows. I'll need your trusted aid with contacting a few old friends."

The steward smiled as his back turned. "Of course, sir."
Back to top Go down
yanamari

yanamari

PostSubject: Re: (CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era   (CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 9:42 pm

Meanwhile....on the party barge...

(CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era - Page 2 Tumblr_mhiw2a00Dh1qlajs2o5_r1_500
Back to top Go down
yanamari

yanamari

PostSubject: Re: (CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era   (CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2013 8:13 pm

One party down, another to go. Theon moved among the many of Nexus as a king on holiday. Women that he once chased for a moment of their time were now begging to be near him. The rich and affluent discussed matters of the city and business, of parties and the year to come, all the while including him. Spiced rums and champagne flowed followed with suckling pig and candied wyld petals. Music riffed with a mix of formal group dance numbers of nobility to raunchy lutes and throaty songs of war and adventure.

He was in heaven. As his body burned through the many tastes, Demetrius was not far behind. The final needs of his grand scheme soon to complete, if only the damned playboy scholar would fulfill the deal. His teeth clinked against the glass of his cup, eyebrow twitching dangerously every moment that passed.

"He may notice you when he explodes into fire." The voice did not even pull the sidereal from his target.

"Did I give you some impression I wished your company?"

The lady gave a rather convincing pout, twirling her glass before sipping it delicately. "I do so hate an unhappy guest. Are you certain I could not---"

Essence coiled through the man, sending her eyes and thoughts elsewhere, "Completely."

Sleep had become terribly elusive for Lynn, her mind pulling her body along on endless journeys. Nothing made much sense, everything was brighter and louder, demanding her attention while tossing any painfully built plans to the wind. When sleep did come, it consumed her completely.

And this nap was no exception.

Fires raged around her, heat causing her vision to waver. She could feel skin tighten from walking too long in this land, the canvas of her shoes charring, body hurting. And yet, Lynn did not die. A figure approached through the onslaught, dark within the orange and yellow of the landscape.

FEAR. Panic burned through Lynn, sending her backpedaling until she fell into the coals. Blisters formed and broke over her flesh, clothing caught fire, eyes watered painfully. Hands took hold of her shoulders, trying to turn her around only thrusting her into screams and kicking.

"Don't run...I'm--" She flung back her arms, trying desperately to escape. Thoughts of primal instinct drove her emotions to the figure. I'm in danger! I need to run! HELP ME!

And so the figure dove through her thoughts and nightmares to take control of her mind. So did Walker in Hell wake, peering at the first person possibly frightening his charge. A young boy sitting in a chair.
Back to top Go down
yanamari

yanamari

PostSubject: Re: (CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era   (CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era - Page 2 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 12:36 pm

Sitting in the darkened corner of Theon's shop, Vile kept himself as still as possible. In truth, few even noticed his presence at all, quite unlike the public face he showed. If Archimedes passed by him that moment, he would be struck with the severity. So much as their most intense conversations. It was upon those he brooded.

A tome laid open on his bony knees, well composed words scrawled across the parchment depicting some bit of history in the First Age deserts of the most southerly lands. A small drawing in the glyphs of a hawk headed lunar caught his attention for a moment before flipping past. It could be the ancient tomes of Chur'les or the Book of Three Circles and he would still ignore it fully. Far too much occupied his mind.

The man called Demetrius had schemed again, gaining far more this time from Theon. He agreed to a most diabolical move, one even the abyssal could not fathom. What did Theon know that he did not? And should he attempt to discuss this man with Theon directly? The last time he attempted such a thing, he ended up mute, having to relearn languages and speech.

Another page flipped as one of the oldest daughter of Phillip neared the masked creature.

"You've visited here a few times, looking at the books. But you never buy anything. You know this isn't a library."

Vile's eyes slitted dangerously as he peered up giving the girl a most obvious shudder. The bonelike mask long as a horse's skull, robes black as pitch, body bone thin. She held to her ground only for a second before slinking back slowly, horror evident in her eyes, and hands shaking visibly.

"Girl, this may be cruelly said, but I would happily have gutted you properly and consumed your organs for a nice brunch. But I do not need or wish to. Now that young baby sister of yours would be most excellent if you wish to hand her over." His hand twirled in a small circle, voice taking on a sly cast to it. For a chilling moment, the girl's eyes glazed as she turned to do just that....

...until Lilith's hand laid on her shoulder to shake her roughly. "Go. Leave this one alone. Kind of old to play games with the kids, Vile Whisper."

He sneered at the ancient woman, unafraid unlike his brethren that treated this Lunar bitch like some holier than thou creation. Leaning over the tome, he spat within his mask. "Oh you are such a thing to talk. What are you, fifty generations his senior? HA! Rutting like some common whore to fill your body with seed at some hungered need to bear a child. Have you ever wondered if he left you barren by heaven's judgement?"

The moonsilver scythe was in her hands and digging into the cedar shelving by his head faster than he drew breath. Vile did not shriek or shake, just glared and whispered in a celestine tongue. Lilith for the first time in ages....boggled. "Did you...?"

He nodded once and continued reading. Her mind twisted in quicksilver to translate what he spoke. It was not the request to speak with Theon that changed her decision from decapitating him. No, the fact a demonic thing like Vile could speak such a heavenly tongue did.
Back to top Go down
yanamari

yanamari

PostSubject: Re: (CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era   (CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 9:37 am

Lilith casually closed the door to her shared room with with Theon trusting in whatever the hell they were up to would eventually lead to her. A strange tickling of danger rustled her feathers. Leaping straight up into the air, the tiny woman thrust her arms and legs into a wide X to brace herself into the hall's high ceiling.

A figure completely clothed in black leather and cloth twirled into existence from thin air, slicing an arc low and deadly for the woman's legs. Arms crossing above, the figure brought armored forearms together to accept the blow from above as Lilith dropped hard with feet shaped into talons clawed in moonsilver. A painful screech should have broken through the air, but only silence fell.

A professional. Suddenly the figure simply disappeared. Backwards end over end, Lilith tumbled hands to feet to hands until she too literally disappeared. The world expanded into huge relief around her as she transformed into a mosquito. for a roguish moment, she allowed the blood hunger of the insectoid mind rule her. Somewhere the figure must be. Flesh and blood for feasting. When nothing presented itself, she alighted in a far high corner, within a knot of woodwork. Professional my ass....SOLAR. What the---

A sudden breeze drove the mosquito from the corner as red light glowed around her, pinpointing in a literal way her location. She should have been squished and killed from such expert use of a charm she knew and feared so well, but even the presence of it informed her of the adversary.

First Age...Night...who?! Insect to razorjay, the tiny bird she became flew with a frightening speed down the hall, past servers, and out the front door as it nearly closed. The wake of her near sonic boom speed tossed everyone off their feet, plates and tankards flying. Building to building, Lilith flitted with the thinnest understanding of where the hell she was, entirely focused on instinct. And behind her, the figure appeared and disappeared from sight, as if teleporting to keep up with the crazed journey.

Can't keep this up forever. With a hard banking around a building spire, she landedhard into the space she expected the chasing figure to be. Rather than gaining the upper hand in full warform, her reaching attack to incapacitate met an iron grip from the appearing ninja.

Immediately, Lilith's wrists felt numb, prickles up and down her arms. She yanked backward, dislodging the pair from the edge to kick with pointed toes to deaden muscles. Likewise did the figure block and meet each strike, twisting in midair to attempt an overpowering move. Lilith snapped forward with her beak, the point deadly and catching within the cloth hood, through to the shoulder.

A female voice shrieked. Unexpected, the Lunar's shoulders twitched sending motions through muscles to force wide her wings. Wind caught up into her feathers, jerking the pair around again with Lilith above, still dug into the shoulder of her attacker.

"Bitch!" Focusing essence within, the Solar forced their bodies painfully through a pinpoint of space to appear on the ground.

The shock of reappearing ripped Lilith free and tossed back. Pulling close her wings, she regained balance as the figure tumbled back, drawing two wicked daiklaives. A familiar face glared up to her.

"Starless Sky?!"

She swallowed bile and blood, forcing her skin to knit closed from the horror of the Lunar's attack. "I'd love to continue this to your death. But I figured asking wouldn't work. My employer needs to meet with you."

The Lunar reached to her side, summoning the moonsilver spear she adored. "And that would be?"

Another voice spoke from near them both, as if he had been there always. "Me." Demetrius watched the pair, prayer strips held tightly in his fist to stop their ridiculous battling if needed.
Back to top Go down
yanamari

yanamari

PostSubject: Re: (CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era   (CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 12:17 am

Lilith stared at no point in particular while sitting back on the bed she shared with Theon. Tipping back a bottle, wine poured down her throat to fill her stomach sourly. Nothing of the taste or quality took the edge off her nerves. But as much as she may wish to forget everything, the changed path she walked changed completely within the past two years.

Everything in her life changed drastically when she sought Creation again. The decision burned bridges with many Raksha that had come to accept her finally, but never had she face the past that continued to seethe deep in her memory. Vengeance ate away at her soul for so long, Lilith scarce understood or welcomed another emotion, laying scar over scar until nothing pure and good seemed to remain.

When all seemed lost, she found not Desus but Theon. And he accepted every horrible scar, the painful memories, and the oddness of her ancient self without ever judging her once. For the first time in eons, the woman had a core of calm, a true center.

The bottle tipped back again, drops of wine marking down her neck. She wanted to release that old hatred, but the last few hours threatened to destroy it all. The words of two men spun her head round and round, once again threatening the calm she finally found.

"Desus has left numerous edicts upon you. Heaven holds them still. Do this one trade with me, and I will destroy what remains." Her teeth bared, breath hissing remembering the intent look of Demetrius and the lengthy document he revealed. How could she ever refuse? Especially for all she wanted with Theon. Mating, marriage, children, just a damn future together. If only it could be so simple.

Then her thoughts pulled to that evening. "Desus lives again!" Eyes burning till tears pooled, Lilith thought she would finally go mad. He had risen, the ancient threats waiting to consume her.

"Never again...I'll never be a slave to him..." Pulling her knees to her chest, she laid her head back and closed her eyes. Thankfully, she did not run away to the Wyld or into the night to kill the returned tormentor. She stayed, and felt stronger for it.

"I trust you, Theon. I won't go. I won't kill. Not unless I must."

Last edited by yanamari on Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
yanamari

yanamari

PostSubject: Re: (CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era   (CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 12:46 am

A small note waited on Lynn's bed as she grumpily stumbled in feeling sick to her stomach. It wasn't so much the drink, stew, or eggs but these constant dreams. At times she caught sight at the corner of her eye of someone..waiting...hand raised...burning flesh falling from the bone. Every time she slept, dreams hounded her of a dark stone door, three clawed black marks upon it.

Falling on the edge of the bed, Lynn slipped to the floor with her head upon the blanket. The paper tumbled onto her head. She reached and opened it, simple darkly written words on it. Once read, she stumbled up and unshuttered a lantern. She read it again and again, until shoving it into the flame until it burned to ashes. And there her eyes stayed.

Dark rocks marked a path, cracked between with gouts of molten fire rushing from between as cool winds rushed across. A man walked across them, armor of moonsilver melted into flesh. Blackened soot and skin peeled from the body of a man with sharp twisting horns, bright yellow eyes.

His lips moved, speaking, yet by now she would run before hearing them. Now she stood her ground, trying to show strength she had deep within her. She never felt fear before, why now?

Now she took a step closer to him, the heat incredible, as if to destroy her flesh as his was. She screamed feeling this pain, but trying to listen. "What are you trying to say?"

The figure continued his path then stopped, waiting for her.

"Are you...are you..."

His hand reached across, grasping hers. Pain seared into her flesh, unlike anything she had felt before. "Seek the door." The words filled her ear with a deep baritone before cutting off entirely.

Her eyes were tearing from staring into the flame so long. She was crying, cradling her hand to her chest. A burn seared into her skin from being held against the lantern, pulling her from the strange dream.

"What do I do... Oh Luna, why this soul? Why this man? Why me?"
Back to top Go down
yanamari

yanamari

PostSubject: Re: (CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era   (CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 1:09 am

"I think you have the right of it, my friend." Asher tipped his hat to Sinclair as the elder braided and unbraided the same unkept length of hair.

"Seems the best after everything that's happened. But if she does not like it, I may not return. If--"

"When"

"IF...such a thing happens, you must travel with them. They will need wisdom in these times." Asher laughed at the seriousness of Sinclair's face and words. Soon enough, the raksha was laughing just as hard.

"Honestly, Shabby, you should have been a court's jester! Ah go now, take your lady fair unto a fine night. And tomorrow, we seek greatness of the past..."

"For a fabulous future." Sinclair laid his hand upon Asher's ghostly shoulder, patting slowly. "You have been the greatest of friends, Braxton. No matter the names you take, garb or age, I know I can always depend upon you. I hope this never changes."

The ghost laid his hand over Sinclair's, eyes glowing briefly. "My dear friend Sinclair, you have my friendship. But I wish you would accept my changes. I think the fault lies in fear of your own being. Why do you turn away so roughly from your Raksha nature?"

Sinclair's eyes filled in a flash of fear that Asher refused to relent from. "No, hear me out. The exalted you travel with hide their nature only when most important. Yet you always do, even when alone with those that accept you most. Something of which I do not understand. Please, Sinclair."

Sinclair dropped his eyes, pulling his hand back. Too many questions too fast. First Keth pressed hard to learn what happened with Briona. And now this request from his oldest friend. Every thought whirled into a mad vortex, the need to run deeper and protect himself threatening to overwhelm any choice he would make. Asher's voice whispered calm and sincere, trying pull him back.

"I don't know what will happen when I embrace everything I am. Even with you. I could sense your hunger and hatred, which tears me apart. Within is still the beating heart of Sireeliar. If I push so far, will he become me? I can never lose that control. I wish you could understand."

Asher just smiled and shoved Sinclair off his stool. "I do. Now, get dressed, take her out to dinner. But consider what I asked."
Back to top Go down
yanamari

yanamari

PostSubject: Re: (CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era   (CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 1:28 am

They faced each other across a battle field like no other. Feathers ruffled into a frightening display of explosive force, but the reasoning left even him slightly adrift. Rain Deathflyer had encountered no end of frustrating circumstances, but Silver Python had done it yet again.

Clothing was strewn across the room in a haphazard journey of the woman wandering left to right to finally falling into their bed. They had enjoyed each other thoroughly for hours. Fallen asleep with the lovely woman curled within his arms, wings covering them in feathers. During their sleep, fingers slithered through feathers, pulling Rain's body closer until he rose in desire and sought his mate's body.

But Silver was not a woman but a man. The damn wench did it yet again.

"You understand how I feel about this, Silver. Why do you continue to try my patience!?"

Silver tilted his head, long flowing hair of silver curling around one shoulder and swaying down his back. He raised a finger to lightly tap full lips. "Hmm, yes I do understand."

The gryphon exploded further in feathers from agitation. One claw curled, raising into a fist that threatened in a sudden movement forward. "And yet you continue this...this..."

Those two delicate hands laid over the shaking fist, still male. Silver smiled with warm eyes, a hope still in those eyes. "Please, Rain, is it so terrible to indulge."

"Silveeeeeer..."

"No, love, we enjoyed each other as opposites. As many forms of animals, even as eagles falling from the sky, which was quite astounding. Why must this form be so very disgusting to you when you stand as a man?"

His eyes flared, deadly despite how humorous the flurry of feathers may be. "I do not..like...men."

Silver raised a hand, one finger pointing above. "Ah but you do when you are a woman."

"I...this is entirely different!"

"Why is it so? I have engaged in such play with you as a woman, when you wished another woman brought in with us. And you truly enjoyed that!" Silver's brows raised dangerously.

"No."

"Yes."

"No!"

Silver sighed and shifted into a womanly form...with male parts. "Yes?"

"Silver, by Luna's grace. I don't want your penis!"

They held still for a moment of tense frustration, then cracked up laughing. The beauty of a lady filled Silver's form again as Rain pulled her tightly close. "Now I will show you just what a man I am."

She literally purred, tossed over his shoulder as he stalked back to bed.
Back to top Go down
yanamari

yanamari

PostSubject: Re: (CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era   (CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 7:15 pm

They had wandered away into the city yet again. Their world bent on the information he imparted and their own introspection of the man Demetrius, the upheavals of heaven and Creation, and a random assortment of shit that plagued his mind. For the moment, he deserved this respite more than any living or unliving creature wandering the festering land.

So Vile stabbed a woman through and drank of her slowly. Something of the fruit, of the way it mixed in her, left him so potently drunk. Oh such a rare gift. So he patted her head of haphazard curls and sweaty skin.

"So few are such kind host. But you Claudia are top notch. I won't let you linger forever, might even be willing to let your ghost continue on. Can you believe...what I have been through?" His hand twirled about as if conjuring from thin air. "Truly, it is a funny situation of a completed circle. All roads leading to this...so to speak... Here, in Sal Maneth, where every plan began."

He sucked hard on the bamboo straw shoved deep in her forehead. "Though I could have sworn I would have found myself at odds with Theon far more than entangled with Archimedes. I thought him the mastermind when time and space fractured to reveal him to me. But no, it was my dearest gentleman. Now I have to aid them aid Demetrius. Bring this to my liege. Enter and escape one of the most dangerous locations within the Labyrinth. And learn the trick from this Sidereal if it works... if."

Leaning back, he mused on the entire situation as a shadow fell over him. "Party time's over?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era   (CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

(CURRENT) Ascending Souls Era
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gamerchic :: Exalted :: Journals-
Jump to: